from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chain by which a leading horse draws a plough.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A chain by which a leading horse draws a plow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chain for attaching the leading horses to a plow. It is supported by a hanger beneath the clevis, in order to preserve the line of draft and avoid pulling down the nose of the plow-beam.
- n. A short rope used to pull the tram in a coalmine.
- n. A horseload, Halliwell.
Sorry, no etymologies found.