American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A political theory advocating the use of democratic means to achieve a gradual transition from capitalism to socialism.
- n. A moderate political philosophy or ideology that aims to achieve socialistic goals within capitalist society such as by means of a strong welfare state and regulation of private industry.
- n. The peaceful and gradual transition from capitalism to socialism by democratic means.
- n. A society based on either of the above.
- n. the belief in a gradual transition from capitalism to socialism by democratic means
“And even of William Strode, officer commanding the Roundhead Army, who would serve the cause of law and order in the cause of social democracy and a better prospective Parliamentary seat.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘social democracy’.
absolute majority, absolute monarchy, abstentionism, access to informa..., acquisition of arms, action brought be..., action for annulment, action to establi..., ad hoc committee, adjournment, adjournment motion, administration and 965 more...
Cultural realia from Hungary.
I have only included realia that already have an English spelling variant and DID NOT include Hungarian words that would be used in English texts unchang...
Looking for tweets for social democracy.