from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A political theory advocating the use of democratic means to achieve a gradual transition from capitalism to socialism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A moderate political philosophy or ideology that aims to achieve socialistic goals within capitalist society such as by means of a strong welfare state and regulation of private industry.
- n. The peaceful and gradual transition from capitalism to socialism by democratic means.
- n. A society based on either of the above.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the belief in a gradual transition from capitalism to socialism by democratic means
Sorry, no etymologies found.