American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A government program that provides economic assistance to persons faced with unemployment, disability, or agedness, financed by assessment of employers and employees.
- n. The economic assistance provided by social security.
- n. A system whereby the state either through general or specific taxation provides various benefits to help ensure the wellbeing of its citizens.
- n. Those benefits paid under such a system.
- n. US A specific such social benefit providing income in retirement or disability.
- n. social welfare program in the U.S.; includes old-age and survivors insurance and some unemployment insurance and old-age assistance
“Before Prou’s visit, Maigret had sent an inspector to the social security offices to obtain some pay slips with Planchon’s signature on them.”
“I found TJ's social security number and plugged it into the computer.”
““His name and social security number are in this ï¬le?””
“I’ve got his social,” Montoya said, rattling off Simon Heller’s social security number while driving one-handed and bringing Zaroster up to speed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘social security’.
as enshrined in the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights
race relations, rack bar, rack-raking machine, radial drainage, radial flow to a ..., radial gate, radial gate with ..., radial tyre, radial velocity, radial velocity o..., radial water coll..., radial-gate weir and 4474 more...
Mostly awful and political.
information campaign, enemy combatant, person of interest, collateral damage, friendly fire, detention centre, children overboard, asylum seeker, health care, national interest, economic management, redeployment and 114 more...
A complete list of the red cards (things) from the popular word game.
Looking for tweets for social security.