from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wrench with a usually interchangeable socket to fit over a nut or bolt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of wrench featuring multiple interchangeable socket heads (each designed to fit a particular size of bolt head or other fastener) which can be attached by a socket arrangement to a ratcheting wrench handle or other driver.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a wrench consisting of a socket at the end of a shank or rod, for turning a nut, bolthead, etc., in a narrow or deep recess.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wrench for turning nuts, having a socket fitted to a special size and shape of nut to be turned. See cut under wrench.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wrench with a handle onto which sockets of different sizes can be fitted
socket + wrench (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.