from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of tap dancing performed in soft-soled shoes, popular in vaudeville.
- n. A speech, explanation, sales pitch, or other set of remarks delivered in a restrained or conciliatory manner in order to persuade, distract, or otherwise influence someone.
- adj. Of or pertaining to this kind of dancing.
- adj. Casual, low-key, easy-going.
- v. To perform a dance of this kind.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.