Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In physical chemistry, a term suggested to denote supposed compounds of one or more molecules of a solvent either with the ions or with the un-dissociated molecules of a dissolved substance: if the solvent is water, these compounds are called hydrates.
- n. chemistry A complex formed by the attachment of solvent molecules to that of a solute
- v. chemistry To form such a complex upon solution
- v. cause a solvation in (a substance)
- n. a compound formed by solvation (the combination of solvent molecules with molecules or ions of the solute)
- v. undergo solvation or convert into a solvate
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘solvate’.
A list for terms and phrases that I haven't (yet) entered into themed lists, including my series of various 151-word Random Palavery lists. Constructions that catch my eye, ring in my ears, tease m...
Looking for tweets for solvate.