from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The period after 1957, the year in which a spacecraft was first placed in orbit around Earth, marking the beginning of space exploration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The period from the about the time of the launch of Sputnik in 1957 to the present day, during which man ventured into space.
- n. Redolent of the space age; appearing futuristic or modern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the time during which humans engaged in space exploration; -- generally considered as beginning on October 4, 1957 when the Soviet Union placed the first artificial satellite into orbit around the earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the age beginning with the first space travel; from 1957 to the present
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.