American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The period after 1957, the year in which a spacecraft was first placed in orbit around Earth, marking the beginning of space exploration.
- n. The period from the about the time of the launch of Sputnik in 1957 to the present day, during which man ventured into space.
- n. attributive Redolent of the space age; appearing futuristic or modern.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the time during which humans engaged in space exploration; -- generally considered as beginning on October 4, 1957 when the Soviet Union placed the first artificial satellite into orbit around the earth.
- n. the age beginning with the first space travel; from 1957 to the present
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘space age’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for space age.