from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female fish, often specifically a salmon, which is physiologically ready to spawn
- n. A program which spawns objects or processes as needed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mature female fish.
- n. Whatever produces spawn of any kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which spawns, as the female of fish, frogs, oysters, etc.; a ripe fish about to spawn: correlated with milter.
- n. In fish-culture, a spawn-gatherer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a female fish at spawning time
spawn + -er (Wiktionary)