Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of two Australian trees, Eucalyptus Doratoxylon in the southwest, and Acacia Doratoxylon in the interior, or the wood of the same, sought by the natives for spear-shafts.
- n. Australia The erect woody evergreen shrub Kunzea ericifolia, endemic to Western Australia.
- n. Australia The shrub Acacia doratoxylon.
- n. Australia The flowering vine Pandorea doratoxylon.
- n. Australia The eucalypt Eucalyptus doratoxylon.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) An Australian tree (Acacia Doratoxylon), and its tough wood, used by the natives for spears.
- From spear + wood; named for the use made of the wood by Australian Aborigines to make spear shafts. (Wiktionary)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spearwood’.
Tree names that end in -wood. Anything ending in -wood that only refers to the wood, eg. applewood, firewood, etc. shall not be planted in this garden.
Looking for tweets for spearwood.