American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To give a speech: "In Washington, cabinet secretaries pose and speechify” ( Jonathan Alter).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a speech; harangue.
- v. intransitive To give a speech; to hold forth, to pronounce at length.
- v. transitive To make speeches to (someone); to address in a speech.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. Used derisively or humorously. To make a speech; to harangue.
- v. make speeches; hold forth, or harangue with a certain degree of formality
- From speech + -ify. (Wiktionary)
“I had a public speaking assignment in high school where everyone in the class was required to "speechify" what the key to good communication was to each of us.”
“Speechify, speechify, speechify - that's all he does, and even then it is all lawyered up terminology so he can't be pinned down later for his vague pronouncements and promises.”
“* I'm a rape crisis counselor volunteering with the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center; I speechify as part of the Survivor Speakers Bureau, and work with the community education and prevention branch.”
“She had to cajole and debate, charm and speechify.”
“Republicans could defuse the drama by declining to speechify, instead rising repeatedly to suggest the lack of a quorum and forcing endless roll calls.”
“Are we to replace a mental midget who can “speechify” but not spell proliferation, with one who forgot how? —”
“How about no donations for Obama unless he can speechify without a teleprompter or other prewritten form?”
“There are so many problems facing Americans and all Obama wants to do is play the race card, create racial division and then speechify on it.”
“You can't vote and speechify one way in congress and take the opposite tack in a presidential campaign.”
“McCain proposing town halls = his campaign got the point last night about trying to speechify behind a podium compared to Obama.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘speechify’.
Basically it's just mikeropology's words, but with his username turned into an adjectivally splendid list name.
Looking for tweets for speechify.