from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cash for small personal needs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sum of cash kept in one's personal possession, for routine expenses or incidental purchases.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. money set apart for extra (not necessary) personal expenses; pocket money.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Money provided or used for small personal expenses; pocket-money for incidental outlay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cash for day-to-day spending on incidental expenses
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.