American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to the pulse.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the pulse.
- In zoology, pulsating or pulsatile; beating with rhythmic contraction and dilatation, like a pulse; specifically, belonging to the Sphygmica.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Physiol.) Of or pertaining to the pulse.
- From the Latin sphygmicus, from the Ancient Greek σφυγμικός (sphugmikos), from σφυγμός (sphugmos, "pulse"), whence sphygm-. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sphygmic’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for sphygmic.