from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who splashes.
- n. A guard to keep off splashes from anything; especially, one of the guards over the wheels of a carriage, locomotive, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, splashes.
- n. One of the guarde over the wheels, as of a carriage, locomotive, etc.
- n. A guard to keep off splashes from anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which splashes. Specifically
- n. That which is splashed; a contrivance to receive splashes that would otherwise deface the thing protected.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. protective covering consisting of a panel to protect people from the splashing water or mud etc.
- n. a protective covering over or beside a wheel to protect the upper part of a vehicle from splashes of mud
splash + -er (Wiktionary)