from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Football A pass receiver who lines up apart from the rest of the formation.
- n. The end of a hair that has split into strands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hair which has split at the end, usually from dryness or innutrition. (Usually in plural)
- n. The position which lines up wide and on the offensive line of scrimmage whose primary job is to serve as a receiver
- n. A player playing the position of split end
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (football) an offensive end who lines up at a distance from the other linemen
split + end (Wiktionary)