from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Football A pass receiver who lines up apart from the rest of the formation.
- noun The end of a hair that has split into strands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
hairwhich has split at the end, usually from dryness or innutrition. (Usually in plural)
- noun American football The position which lines up wide and on the
offensive line of scrimmagewhose primary job is to serve as a receiver
- noun American football A player playing the position of split end
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (football) an offensive end who lines up at a distance from the other linemen
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
split + end
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word split end.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.