from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To feed (another) with a spoon.
- transitive v. To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
- transitive v. To provide (another) with knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.
- transitive v. To provide (knowledge or information) in an oversimplified way.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To help somebody (usually a baby) to eat using a spoon.
- v. To overly pamper or indulge someone, so that they do not act or think for themselves.
- v. To deliver information in as basic a manner as possible.
spoon + feed. (Wiktionary)