from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of minute scales.
- adj. Having a thallus consisting of numerous squamules. Used of certain lichens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having small scales.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having little scales; squamellate; squamulate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as squamulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with tiny scales
Latin squāmula, diminutive of squāma, scale + -ose1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)