from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One using standing room. See Usage Note at -ee1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody who is forced to stand, for example on a crowded bus.
- n. A life-size shape, for instance of a celebrity, cut out of cardboard, often used for advertising and promotional purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lifesize cardboard cutout (usually of a celebrity)
- n. someone who stands in a place where one might otherwise sit (as a spectator who uses standing room in a theater or a passenger on a crowded bus or train)
The verb stand and the suffix -ee (Wiktionary)