from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing tin, especially with valence 4.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing tetravalent tin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to tin; derived from or containing tin; specifically, designating those compounds in which the element has a higher valence as contrasted with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to tin; procured from tin: specifically applied to those compounds in which tin appears as a quadrivalent atom: as, stannic acid, SnO(OH)2, a hydrate obtained from stannous oxid, which unites with bases to form salts called stannates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or containing tin
Late Latin stannum, tin (from Latin, an alloy of silver and lead, alteration of stagnum, probably of Celtic origin) + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)