American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Hypoxis, having grasslike leaves and star-shaped, white or yellow flowers.
- n. See colicroot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The colicroot. See Colicroot.
- n. perennial Australian grass having numerous long spikes arranged like the vanes of a windmill
- n. any plant of the genus Hypoxis having long grasslike leaves and yellow star-shaped flowers: Africa; Australia; southern Asia; North America
- n. any of several perennials of the genus Aletris having grasslike leaves and bitter roots reputed to cure colic
- n. trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions; used for lawns and pastures especially in southern United States and India
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘star grass’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for star grass.