from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An accumulation of electric charge on an insulated body.
- n. Electric discharge resulting from the accumulation of electric charge on an insulated body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An electric charge that has built up on an insulated body, often due to friction.
- n. The electric discharge from such a body.
- n. Electrostatics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See the Note under Electricity, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electricity produced by friction
Sorry, no etymologies found.