from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
- noun A tall stout tree, Sterculia fætida, of the East Indies, eastern Africa, and Australia. The wood is soft, and thought to be of little value.
- noun In Australia, Flindersia Schottiana, one of the trees called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A tall tree (
Simaruba amara) growing in tropical America. It is one of the trees which yields quassia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Simaruba amara, a tall
treeof tropical America, one of the trees that yield quassia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun large tree of Australasia
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
stave + wood?
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word stavewood.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.