from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Simaruba amara, a tall tree of tropical America, one of the trees that yield quassia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tall tree (Simaruba amara) growing in tropical America. It is one of the trees which yields quassia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See quassia, 2.
- n. A tall stout tree, Sterculia fætida, of the East Indies, eastern Africa, and Australia. The wood is soft, and thought to be of little value.
- n. In Australia, Flindersia Schottiana, one of the trees called Queensland yellow-wood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large tree of Australasia
stave + wood? (Wiktionary)