from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The solid or insoluble portion of the cell protoplasm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The solid or insoluble portion of the cell protoplasm. See hygroplasm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In corals, a delicate endothecal structure occupying different positions in the corallite, often forming vertical processes in the interseptal loculi or encircling septa, or acting as true endotheca.
- n. In botany, same as stereoplasma.
- n. The denser or more solid portion of the protoplasm of the cell, as distinguished from the more fluid portion, or hygroplasm.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.