from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to sterilize, killing pathogens by means such as heat, UV light, chemicals, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One that sterilizes anything; specif., an apparatus for sterilizing equipment or an organic fluid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sterilizes; especially, any apparatus for rendering substances free from living germs, as by means of heat. Also spelled steriliser.
- n. A washing-machine having a steam-tight vessel in which infected fabrics can be washed in boiling water, with or without disinfecting liquids, and through which live steam may be passed to kill all germs. It is also fitted with ventilating-pipes for carrying away odors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device for heating substances above their boiling point; used to manufacture chemicals or to sterilize surgical instruments
Sorry, no etymologies found.