American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. Nautical With the stern foremost; backward.
- adv. With the stern, instead of the bow, in advance.
- adv. figuratively In an awkward, blundering manner.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. With the stern, instead of the bow, in advance; hence, figuratively, in an awkward, blundering manner.
- stern + foremost (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sternforemost’.
Words with definitions containing "figuratively."
Words with definitions containing both "hence" and "figuratively."
visions of witfulness and vision - a wise guise
Looking for tweets for sternforemost.