from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sweet herb, of genus Stevia, native to Paraguay
- n. A sweetener extracted from this plant that can be substituted for sugar is some uses. Much sweeter than an equal amount of sugar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of composite plants, of the tribe Eupatoriaceæ and subtribe Agerateæ.
- n. [lowercase] A plant of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Stevia or the closely related genus Piqueria having glutinous foliage and white or purplish flowers; Central and South America
- n. any plant of the genus Piqueria or the closely related genus Stevia
Sorry, no etymologies found.