from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A white or yellow lustrous zeolite mineral, essentially (Ca,Na)2Al2Si7O18·7H2O.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tectosilicate zeolite mineral consisting of hydrated calcium aluminium silicate, common in volcanic rocks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A common mineral of the zeolite family, a hydrous silicate of alumina and lime, usually occurring in sheaflike aggregations of crystals, also in radiated masses. It is of a white or yellowish color, with pearly luster on the cleavage surface. Called also desmine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common zeolitic mineral, usually occurring in radiated or sheaf-like tufts of crystals having a pearly luster on the surface of cleavage.
- n. The mineral heulandite.
French, from Greek stilbos, shining; see stilbene.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)