from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large edible crab (Menippe mercenaria) found along the Atlantic coast of the southern United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Florida stone crab.
- n. The king crab.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A European spider crab (Lithodes maia)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any crab of the family Homolidæ.
- n. A European crab, Lithodes maia.
- n. A large, stout, edible crab of the Atlantic coast of the United States, Menippemercenaria.
- n. The dobson or hellgrammite. See cut under sprawler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pale flesh with delicate texture and flavor; found in Florida but now very rare
- n. large edible crab of the southern coast of the United States (particularly Florida)
Sorry, no etymologies found.