from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bushy or climbing tropical American plant (Phaseolus vulgaris) widely cultivated for its narrow green edible pods.
- n. The green pod of this plant, eaten as a vegetable. Also called green bean, snap bean.
- n. Slang A tall thin person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long, slender variety of green bean.
- n. A tall and thin person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. green beans with strings that must be removed
Sorry, no etymologies found.