from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Asexual reproduction by division into body segments, as in tapeworms and jellyfish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of asexual reproduction by division into body segments, as in tapeworms and jellyfish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or phenomenon of spontaneously dividing transversely, as do certain species of annelids and helminths; transverse fission. See Illust. under syllidian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formation or production of strobiles; metameric division of a scyphistoma or hydra tuba into medusæ.
- n. Gemmation of the successive links or joints of a tapeworm; also, the transverse fission of various worms.
Sorry, no etymologies found.