American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Asexual reproduction by division into body segments, as in tapeworms and jellyfish.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formation or production of strobiles; metameric division of a scyphistoma or hydra tuba into medusæ.
- n. Gemmation of the successive links or joints of a tapeworm; also, the transverse fission of various worms.
- n. biology A form of asexual reproduction by division into body segments, as in tapeworms and jellyfish
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) The act or phenomenon of spontaneously dividing transversely, as do certain species of annelids and helminths; transverse fission. See
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘strobilation’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for strobilation.