Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a strongyle; related to the genus Strongylus; belonging to the Strongylidæ.
- n. A strongyle, or some similar nematoid.
- adj. zoology Like, or relating to, Strongylus, a genus of parasitic nematode worms.
- n. zoology Any worm of the genus Strongylus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Like, or pertaining to, Strongylus, a genus of parasitic nematode worms of which many species infest domestic animals. Some of the species, especially those living in the kidneys, lungs, and bronchial tubes, are often very injurious.
- Strongylus + -oid (Wiktionary)
“The adult water buffalo appears to have a high degree of resistance to strongyloid nematodes.”
‘strongyloid’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for strongyloid.