from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wood framework of a wall or partition.
- n. Lumber cut for studs.
- n. Something with which a surface is studded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stud.
- n. The timber framework for a lath and plaster wall
- n. A batten of wood for this framework
- n. Anything with which a surface is studded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Material for studs, or joists; studs, or joists, collectively; studs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In carpentry, studs or joists collectively, or material for studs or joists.
Sorry, no etymologies found.