from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To restrict or make conform to a particular style.
- transitive v. To represent conventionally; conventionalize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To represent something in a particular style
- v. To represent something in a conventional manner
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring under the conditions of style; impress with the characteristics of style; conventionalize: in the decorative arts used to express the transformation which natural forms undergo in their adaptation to decorative motives, as in the use or the acanthus in Greek art, and the arum in Gothic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. represent according to a conventional style
Sorry, no etymologies found.