from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. On the underside of the tail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated under, or on the ventral side of, the tail.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated under the tail; placed on the under side of the tail: as, subcaudal chevron-bones; the subcaudal scutes, or urosteges, of a snake.
- Not quite caudal or terminal; situated near the tail or tail-end; subterminal.
- n. That which is subcaudal; specifically, in herpetology, a urostege; one of the special scutes upon the under side of the tail of a serpent.
sub- + caudal (Wiktionary)