from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that enters into a subcontract and assumes some of the obligations of the primary contractor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A contractor hired by a general contractor employed by the contractor rather than directly hired by the customer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who takes a portion of a contract, as for work, from the principal contractor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who takes a part or the whole of a contract from the principal contractor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who enters into a subcontract with the primary contractor
From subcontract + -or. (Wiktionary)