from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Grammar Of or relating to the nature of a substantive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a substantive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a substantive; of the nature of substantive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the character of a substantive.
- Independent or self-dependent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or having the nature or function of a substantive (i.e. a noun or noun equivalent)
Sorry, no etymologies found.