from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a substantive manner, or to a substantive extent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a substantive manner; in substance; essentially.
- adv. As a substantive, name, or noun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a substantive manner; in substance; essentially: as, a thing may be apparently one thing and substantively another.
- In grammar, as a substantive or noun: as, an adjective or a pronoun used substantively.
Sorry, no etymologies found.