Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Placed under a vertehra; lying under the vertebral or spinal column; subspinal or hypaxial.
- adj. anatomy Situated beneath, or on the ventral side of, the vertebral column.
- adj. anatomy Situated beneath, or inside of, the endoskeleton; hypaxial; hyposkeletal.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Anat.) Situated beneath, or on the ventral side of, the vertebral column; situated beneath, or inside of, the endoskeleton; hypaxial; hyposkeletal.
- sub- + vertebral (Wiktionary)
“In the reptiles (tortoises and crocodiles) a later dorsal part is joined to this earlier ventral part of the rudimentary diaphragm, a pair of subvertebral muscles rising from the vertebral column and being added as "columns" to the transverse partition.”
‘subvertebral’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for subvertebral.