American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A grove of sugar maples used as a source of maple syrup or maple sugar. Also called sugar orchard.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sugar-orchard.
- n. See Protea.
- n. A pretty, flowering shrub, Leucadendron melliferum, native to South Africa. Its flowers are surrounded by a large involucre, which contains a honey-like liquor.
- n. An evergreen shrub found in south-western United States of America
- n. uncountable Forest dominated by sugar maples or other maples tapped for sugar
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See Sugar orchard.
- n. evergreen shrub of southeastern United States with spikes of reddish yellow flowers and glandular hairy fruits
- sugar + bush (Wiktionary)
“The sugar bush lies near the groin of the old mountain, the “beech woods "over the eastern knee, and the Rundle Place, where now is Woodchuck Lodge, is on his skirts that look eastward.”
“It was in September, in the lot above the sugar bush ” cross-ploughing, to prepare the ground for rye.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sugar bush’.
Looking for tweets for sugar bush.