from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A grove of sugar maples used as a source of maple syrup or maple sugar. Also called sugar orchard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An evergreen shrub found in south-western United States of America
- n. Forest dominated by sugar maples or other maples tapped for sugar
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Sugar orchard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sugar-orchard.
- n. See Protea.
- n. A pretty, flowering shrub, Leucadendron melliferum, native to South Africa. Its flowers are surrounded by a large involucre, which contains a honey-like liquor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evergreen shrub of southeastern United States with spikes of reddish yellow flowers and glandular hairy fruits
sugar + bush (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.