from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A calender with a number of rollers for giving a high finish or gloss to paper.
- transitive v. To process (paper) in a supercalender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stack of calenders consisting of alternating steel and fiber-covered rolls through which paper is passed to increase its density, smoothness and gloss.
- v. To pass (paper) through a supercalender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give additional smoothness or glaze to (a fabric that has already received calendering).
- n. One of the rotating cylinders or rolls used in super-calendering paper. See supercalender, v., and super calendered.
super- + calender (Wiktionary)