American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A calender with a number of rollers for giving a high finish or gloss to paper.
- v. To process (paper) in a supercalender.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give additional smoothness or glaze to (a fabric that has already received calendering). A web of paper that has passed through the calenders attached to the paper-making machine is ‘calendered’ or ‘machine-calendered.’ When it is afterward passed through a gang of rapidly rotating cylinders alternately of iron and compressed paper, it is called ‘super-calendered.’
- n. One of the rotating cylinders or rolls used in super-calendering paper. See supercalender, v., and super calendered.
- super- + calender (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘supercalender’.
Looking for tweets for supercalender.