American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To conceive when a fetus is already present in the uterus.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To conceive after a prior conception.
- n. See superfetate, superfetation.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To conceive after a prior conception, but before the birth of the offspring.
- v. conceive when a fetus is already present in the uterus
- Latin superfetare; super above, over + fetare to bring forth. (Wiktionary)
- Latin superfētāre, superfētāt- : super-, super- + fētāre, to breed (from fētus, offspring; see dhē(i)- in Indo-European roots). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘superfetate’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for superfetate.