from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the superficies, or surface; superficial.
- adj. Situated or built on another person's land.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One to whom a right of surface occupation is granted; one who pays quitrent for a house built upon another man's ground.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the superficies, or surface; superficial.
- adj. Situated or built on another man's land, as a house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the superficies or surface: superficial.
- In law, situated on another's land.
- n. In law, one to whom a right of surface is granted; one who pays the quit-rent of a house built on another man's ground.
Sorry, no etymologies found.