from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music The second tone of a diatonic scale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The second note in a diatonic scale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The note next above the keynote; the second of the scale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, the tone in a scale next above the tonic or keynote; the second, as A in the scale of G.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) the second note of a diatonic scale
Sorry, no etymologies found.