Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ship-building: One of the stations of the rib-bands and harpings which are marked on the timbers. See rib-band line, under rib-band.
- n. A cleat temporarily placed on the outside of a rib to give a hold to the rib-band by which, through the shores, it is supported on the slipway.
- n. shipbuilding A mark made on the moulds of a ship to show where the angles of the timbers are to be placed.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Shipbuilding) A mark made on the molds of a ship, when building, to show where the angles of the timbers are to be placed.
- sur- + mark? (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for surmark.