from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plaintiff's reply to a defendant's rejoinder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. :In common law pleading, a plaintiff's answer to the defendant's rejoinder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The answer of a plaintiff to a defendant's rejoinder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The answer of a plaintiff in common-law pleading to a defendant's rejoinder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) a pleading by the plaintiff in reply to the defendant's rejoinder
Sorry, no etymologies found.