from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Anatomy Serving to support: sustentacular muscle fibers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving to support or sustain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Supporting; sustaining.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Supporting; of the nature of a sustentaculum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to sustain or support
From Late Latin sustentāculum, support, from Latin sustentāre, to support, frequentative of sustinēre, to sustain; see sustain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
See sustenance. (Wiktionary)