from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The weight of a commodity shipment after deduction of the weight of the container, before allowance of tret.
- v. To act as sutler; to supply provisions and other articles to troops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The weight when the tare has been deducted, and tret is yet to be allowed.
- intransitive v. To act as sutler; to supply provisions and other articles to troops.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete spelling of subtle.
- To peddle; act as sutler.
- Light; in the light weight previous to the additional goods delivered for tret.
Sorry, no etymologies found.