from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The skin of a swan with the feathers attached.
- n. Any of several flannel or cotton fabrics with a soft nap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The skin of a swan with the down or feathers on.
- n. A type of brushed flannel cotton twill fabric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of a swan with the down or the feathers on.
- n. A species of soft flannel, thick and warm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The skin of a swan with the feathers on.
- n. A kind of fine twilled flannel; also, a kind of woolen blanketing used by letterpress printers and engravers.
swan + skin (Wiktionary)