American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal A fondness or craving for sweets.
- n. idiomatic, only in singular a liking for foods that are sweet; a weakness for sweets
- n. idiomatic, countable Someone with a liking for sweet foods.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. [Colloq.] an especial fondness for sweet things or for sweetmeats.
- n. a strong appetite for sweet food
““Not really so odd,” said Poplicola, who had a sweet tooth and was slurping at a confection of sesame seeds bound with honey.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sweet tooth’.
Phrases that use body parts metaphorically.
neck of the woods, bone of contention, mouth of a river, teeth of the storm, heart of the matter, foot of the bed, eye of the storm, dogleg hole, finger lakes, headwaters, foothills, knik arm and 212 more...
canine tooth, pin-tooth, stomach-tooth, bulb of a tooth, by the skin of on..., cardinal teeth, clean as a hound'..., elephant's-tooth, toothshell, hake's-tooth, cut one's teeth, lie through one's... and 93 more...
caramel gets 48 hits
chocolate gets 112 hits
nonpareil 83 hits
fit to kill, dolled up, put the kibosh on, mad as a hatter, kick the bucket, blood on your hands, back in the day, in the gutter, bite your tongue, dead ringer, ax to grind, have a word with and 29 more...
A list of My Little Pony names from the original (G1) collection. 1982-1992
Names of various "medicinal" Cannabis strains, harvested from various sources.
Looking for tweets for sweet tooth.