from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The true laurel (Laurus nobilis).
- n. The timber of the Jamaican tree Oreodaphne leucoxylon, or of various related trees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The true laurel (Laurus nobilis.)
- n. The timber of the tree Oreodaphne Leucoxylon, growing in Jamaica. The name is also applied to the timber of several other related trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of several chiefly laurineous trees and shrubs found in the West Indies and South America.
sweet + wood (Wiktionary)