American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hummingbird (Ensifera ensifera) of South America, having a slender bill that is longer than the head and body combined.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A humming-bird of the genus Docimastes, as D. ensiferus, having the bill about as long as the rest of the bird. See cut under Docimastes.
- n. A hummingbird, Docimastes ensiferus, with a very long, slender bill, exceeding the length of the body of the bird.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A humming bird (Docimastes ensiferus) having a very long, slender bill, exceeding the length of the body of the bird.
- sword + bill (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for swordbill.